Recipe for schewan chowmein
(Chop into thin match stick strips) 200g
Cabbage 1 cup, thinly sliced
Green onions 2-3, thinly sliced
Carrots ½ (half), cut into match stick size
Onion ½ (half), thinly sliced
Crushed garlic 1 tsp
Ketchup 3 tbsp
Chili garlic sauce 2 tbsp
Vegetable oil 6-8 tbsp / ½ cup
Egg noodles 200m / 1 packet
Shan Chinese Chowmein seasoning Mix one sachet
1. Boil egg noodles in 15 cups of boiling water. Cook for only 6 minutes. Then drain and wash in running cold water. Drain and set aside.
2. Heat oil in a large wok. Stir-fry meat on high heat for 1 minute. Stir frequently.
3. Stir-in vegetables and add Shan Chinese Chowmein seasoning Mix. Stir-fry on high heat for 2 minutes. Stir continuously.
4. Add the boiled egg noodles, 1 tsp crushed garlic, 3 tbsp ketchup and 2 tbsp Chili garlic sauce. Stir-fry for 2-3 minutes. Hold forks/spoons in both hands toss and turn the noodles to mix all the ingredients.
5. Cover and simmer on low heat for 5-6 minutes.